TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The legal agreement set below governs your use of Afri Ride Mobile App Services. It is important that you read and understand the following terms. By logging in, you are agreeing that these terms will apply if you choose to access any of our services.
1. Detailed description of goods and/or services Afri Ride is a business in the transport industry that offers carpooling platform.
2. Delivery policy Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 7 days of delivery confirmed by way of email.
3. Export restriction
The offering on this website is available to South African clients only.
4. Return and refunds policy
The provision of goods and services by Afri Ride is subject to availability. In case of unavailability, Afri Ride will refund the client in full within 30 days. Cancellation of orders by the client will attract a 10% administration fee.
AfriRide shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the promotion of Access to information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment. Php?aa_id=3569
6. Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, Diners or American Express Cards or bybank transfer into the AfiRide bank account, the details of which will be provided on request
7. Card acquiring and security
Card transactions will be acquired for AfriRide via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. DPO PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the webside. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
8. Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by AfriRide separately from card details which are entered by the client on DPO PayGate’s secure site. For more details on DPO refer to www.paygate.co.za.
9. Merchant outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
AfriRide takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
11. Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of south Africa and AfriRide chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purpose under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, yes.
AfriRide may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
13. Company information
This website is run by Afri Ride private company based in South Africa trading as Afri Ride and with registration number 2019/079252/07 and 1 director.
14. AfriRide contact details
Company physical address: 275 Melk Street, New Mucklenuek, Pretoria Email: email@example.com Telephone Number: +27 12 516 0123 Mbira Chat Number: +27 67 694 1334
15. Transacting with Afri Ride App
- When you use our App you communicate with us using a device, so there is no direct personal contact between you and us.
- We will act on all instructions that seem to come from you – even if they are actually coming from someone pretending to be you. After your password has been entered, we may assume that any instruction is genuine. So even if someone else used your password, we may carry an instruction as if you have authorized it.
- You can instruct us to transact in line with the service you have on your profile. We will treat your instructions to us in line with your profile.
- You cannot cancel, change or stop an instruction after you have sent it to us. A payment cannot be cancelled or reversed, even if it is a repeated payment.
We are not responsible for any loss you suffer because you repeated a payment instruction (sent it though more than once) and we then made more than one payment. You waive (give up) any claim against us if this happens. Please contact our Customer Care Centre if you have repeated a payment by mistake.
- We are not responsible for any loss you suffer if you enter the wrong details for your transaction.
- Do not assume we have received your instruction until we have told you that we have via email. If you’re not sure that an instruction or payment has gone through, contact our Customer Care Centre to check. Do not give the same instruction again unless we have told you that we have not received it, or else we may make the same payment twice.
- You may delete or change future-dated instruction if they have not yet been made (been actioned by you).
- You must think about the effects of each transaction, including the tax effects.
Our cost fee is 10% on every successful transaction completed on our App.
17. Looking after your password
- It is your responsibility to keep your password secret and safe at all times. Someone who knows your password could get access to your profile and sent instructions and make transactions on your account.
- You waive (give up) any claim you may have against us for any loss you may suffer if you have compromised your password to any unauthorized third party.
- No person ever has a good reason to know or ask for your password, so you must never allow another person to access them. This includes our own staff.
Security for Afri Ride App
- We are not responsible for any loss you may suffer because someone accesses your account or profile and you have not followed our advice about using our Mobile App safely.
- If your device is lost, stolen or not in your possession (you don’t have it with you), you must immediately log in to the Mobile App on another device, and reset your password. We will not be responsible for any loss you may suffer because you don’t reset your password
19. Ending your transaction session
You must make sure that you log out of the App, when you have finished with the transaction.
- If you do not log out after using the App, someone else may get into your profile without your permission and could give us an instruction. We will not be responsible for any loss you may suffer if this happens.
- Someone carried out an instruction on or made a payment from your account without your permission and this was not because of our own negligence (carelessness).
20. What happens if you breach (go against) these terms
- If you fail, or Afri Ride suspects that you have failed, to comply with any of the provisions of this agreement, Afri Ride, at its sole discretion, without notice to you may: (1) terminate this agreement and/or your account, and/or (2) terminate the license to the service, and /or (3) preclude access to the service (or any part thereof).
- Afri Ride reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the service (or any part or content thereof) at any time with or with or content thereof) at any time with or without notice to you, and Afri Ride will not liable to you or to any third party should it exercise such rights.
- We may stop you from using our platform if you do something that is against these Terms, and do not make it right within a stipulated time from our office after we have asked you to. Even if you do make it right, we may still take steps against you, such as applying to court for an interdict (ban) or other order against you.
- We may end our relationship with you and stop you from using our platform (App). We do not have to give you notice and may close your account immediately:
- If we believe or suspect your account is being used wrongly or unlawfully.
21. Intellectual property
- You agree that the service, including but not limited to graphics, user interface, audio clips, video calls, editorial content, and the scripts and software used to implement the service, contains proprietary information and material that is owned by Afri Ride and/or its licensors, and is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright. You agree that you will not use such proprietary information or materials in any way whatsoever except for use of the service in compliance with this agreement.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of this agreement, Afri Ride and its licensors reserve the to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to any products, content, or other materials compromising a part of the service at any time without notice. In no event will Afri Ride be liable for making these changes.
All copyrights in and to the service and related software are owned by Afri Ride and/or licensors, who reserve all their rights in law and equity.
22. Disclaimer of warranties; liability limitation
- Afri Ride does not guarantee, represent, or warrant that your use of the service will be uninterrupted or error-free. You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the app are provided “as is” and “as available” for your use, without warranties of any kind.
- Afri Ride does not represent or guarantee that the service will be free from loss, attack, viruses, interference, hacking, or other security intrusion, and Afri Ride disclaims any liability relating thereto.
23. Waiver and indemnity
- By using the service, you agree to indemnity and hold Afri Ride, its directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, and licensors harmless with respect to any claims arising out of your breach of this agreement, your use of the service, or any action taken by Afri Ride as part of its i8nvestigation of a suspected violation of this agreement or as a result of its finding or decision that a violation of this agreement has occurred. This means that you can sue or recover any damages from Afri Ride, its directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, and licensors as a result of its decision to remove or refuse to process any information or content, to warn you, to suspend or terminate your access to the service, or to take any other action during the investigation of a suspected violation or as a result of Afri Ride’s conclusion that a violation of this agreement has occurred. This waiver and indemnity provision applies to all violations described in, resulting from, or contemplated by this agreement.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Afri Ride and governs your use of the service, superseding any prior agreement between you and Afri Ride regarding the service. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate services, third party content, or third party software.
- The service is operated by Afri Ride from its offices in South Africa. You agree to comply with all local, state, federal, and national laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations that apply to your use of the service. All transaction on the service are governed by South Africa law, without giving effect to its conflict of law provisions. Your use of the service may also be subject to other laws.
- You agree that Afri Ride has the right, without liability to you, to disclose any registration data and/or account information to law enforcement authorities, government officials.
25. Law governing our relationship
- South Africa law will govern these Terms.
26. Customer contact information If you have any complaints or questions about our App, you can contact us on:
- Telephone Number: +27 12 516 0123
- Mbira Chat Number: +27 67 694 1334
- E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.afri-ride.com